Thursday, March 8, 2007

Quick Update

My last post was a few weeks ago but time commitments have prevented me from getting around to blogging. I'll try to be better...

Since my last post, I've added the Southbury location of SeƱor Pancho's to the lineup. I'll be performing there as part of their "Kid's Night" promotion on Tuesday evenings from 6 to 8 PM. Stop by and say hello! I'm also continuing at the Prospect location on Saturday nights and Monroe on Wednesdays.

Speaking of Monroe, I was there last evening and had the pleasure of performing for a lovely family. Among the group was Ashley, a very cute but shy little girl who barely whispered her name to me when I asked her what it was. While they were on their way out, one of her family members mentioned to me that she wanted to have her picture taken with the magician. So, thanks, Ashley, and please come back and visit us at the restaurant again and we'll do some more magic!

Last Saturday evening, I performed my stand-up adult comedy show for an environmental group at a country club in Bristol. Comedian Jay Rodrigues opened the show and though he was a tough act to follow - he's a very funny man - I had a great night. On Sunday afternoon, it was over to the Emblem Club in Naugatuck to entertain the ladies at a Tea and Card Party. It was a wonderful afternoon and an hour of strolling magic went by all too quickly. On Monday evening, I was the featured entertainment for another ladies group, the church ladies guild in Manchester, and though the turnout was a little less than expected - mostly due to temperatures in the teens that evening - we all still had a great time.

Things have been a bit hectic this week as, besides performing, Sandy and I are getting things together for the New England Magicians Convention this weekend where we will both be displaying in the dealers' room. I'll fill you in on that next week.